Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hosanna

Yesterday being Palm Sunday the sermon was based on the scripture from Matthew 21 of Jesus entering Jerusalem on a donkey as a king who comes in peace. 

I'm trying to imagine myself in that story.  Would I be one of the crowd waving palm branches and shouting Hosanna.  I hope so!  Hopefully I wouldn't be one of the people in the temple buying and selling doves or something of that nature.  Too busy with the other priorities that I miss Jesus.

But are my hands so full of the stuff of life that I wouldn't be able to be waving the palm branches or shouting Hosanna.  That's something I need to take a serious look at to determine.

I guess the snow pictures don't really go with the Palm Sunday post.  Maybe I should use Hawaii pictures.
 But it did snow on Palm Sunday
My priorities need to be in order so that I don't miss Jesus.  Staying focused on what is important.  Living a life that puts him first.

My snow covered weeping willow.
Snow on Palm Sunday.  It was a pretty afternoon with the snow falling.  All the Sunday evening events were cancelled due to the snow and it was a time to spend with family.  I'm not sure what it is about the snow and food but they seem to go together.  Not a good combination for someone trying to stay within a food "budget".  Honestly I didn't do so well.  It's not a confessional I wish to put out here.  I'm thinking I may not link this particular blog post to Facebook.


I'm not willing to give up.  Instead press on and trudge through the snow toward the goal.

I just looked up the word trudge to be sure I was using the word correctly.  It means

to walk slowly with heavy steps, typically because of exhaustion or harsh conditions.or
a difficult or laborious walk

I think that is a pretty good description of the dieting.  So perhaps dieting in not the answer but instead embracing a healthy lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment