Happy Memorial Day!
A big thank you to all those who have served our country with honor and to those who have given their lives to defend the freedom that I take for granted much too often.
| photo taken at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii |
I wore my Pearl Harbor tshirt today that I got in Hawaii.
When I went into the gift shop at Pearl Harbor I went in with the intent of getting a pretty flowery tshirt that had Pearl Harbor on it. That wasn't to be found. There was nothing pretty about what happened at Pearl Harbor. Oh the area is beautiful that's for sure. But the event, not so much. Instead the tshirt I purchased is brown and has the Arizona Memorial on it.
It's perfect.
| I made these whole wheat muffins this morning. My family thinks they need more sweetner! |
On a different note, Jay knows my frustration with making healthy choices.
He has encouraged me to set the goal for the summer of losing
an averagae of 2 lbs per week between Memorial Day & Labor Day.
And so the journey begins yet again.
There are 14 weeks between Memorial Day & Labor Day.
I would love to be down 28 lbs by Labor Day. Can I do it?
If Jay believes in me then shouldn't I believe in myself.
This afternoon I was sitting in the family room and noticed this tree in my neighbor's back yard. I loved how the sun was lighting up the tree and so I grabbed my camera and went out and took this picture. I hope my neighbor doesn't think I'm nuts!
No comments:
Post a Comment