Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Journaling

Journaling? 
 
Do you journal?
 

I wish I had been more consistent with journaling,  There are lots of things that I wish I had written down.  Or in the journaling that I have done it's fun to go back and read years later.  And at the same time it can be frustrating to see that you still dealing with some of the same issues that you've struggled with for years.  Oh sure you have the memories regardless of whether you have written them down or not. 

But suppose someone generations later wondered what you thought of something or why things happened the way they did.  I have had just that question in my mind that I don't know the answer to.  My grandparents had a grocery store.  The store was next to the house.  There were times that they lived in the back of the store and at times in the house.  I thought I remembered that at times they had tenants in the house and that is why they lived in the back of the store.  I asked my brother if he knew that to be true.  He said, "I think you're wrong about that."  Ok then.  So did they sometimes live in the back of the store or did they always live in the house.  I don't know what year the house was built but it's the same  house I grew up in. 

I have this blog and some other journaling off and on.  After Kathleen was born I wrote a monthly update on the 12th of each month (she was born on the 12th).  But I didn't keep it up very long.  I wish I had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment