What do you think it means to be creative? I was contemplating this recently.
If I'm not careful my days can become so similar. You know the routine, go to work, come home, sleep, go to work, come home, sleep, go to work... And suddenly the monotony of the work-a-day life has squashed my individuality. You know you need a new focus when you're sitting at your desk imagining a knight in shining armor rescuing you from the captivity of the office doldrums. I may or may not have done that.
Probably a better idea would be to tap into one's creative side.
I can look at things on Pinterest. Lots and lots of ideas. And they're good ideas and it gets your own creative thoughts activated. And yet I can waste a lot of time looking at Pinterest too. Reading what other people do doesn't make me a creative person. Gives me ideas oh sure but I need to do. So I suppose being creative means to actually do.
Your creative side is unique to you. It's an expression of your true self. It's a way to be the unique individual God has created you to be.
There are lots of way to express your creative you. I'm not an artist that's for sure - just ask my high school art teacher. Neither am I a musician. I wish I had both of those talents but... However I do enjoy photography and lots of other creative avenues. There are many ways to be creative - photography, scrapbooking, sewing, decorating, knitting, crocheting, cooking, writing, storytelling, wood working, accessorizing, your personal wardrobe, painting, and the list goes on and on.
The most important thing I suppose it to be true to yourself. Be your unique self.
Lately I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures. Evidence of the fact that the office doldrums are currently winning in my battle for individuality. A couple days ago I looked through the 365 project that I had done back in 2010 and 2011 of taking a photo a day. They're just pictures of everyday life but fun to look through again. While I was looking through them Daniel called at about the time I came across a picture with a quote from him and we laughed about what he had said at the time. Ann's 365 Project
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I appreciate the encouragement of hearing how your son is enjoying Liberty! I'm excited (and a little nervous) for Rebecca and look forward to seeing what God has in store for her.
ReplyDeletePraying that your doldrums are lifted and you find new ways to explore your creativity and the other gifts God has given you!
Blessings
Leslie