Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Time To Reflect

 As I reflect on the Easter weekend it was definitely a busy one.  


From the Maundy Thursday service and the burning of the palms on Good Friday.


To the Holy Saturday service


To Easter morning


To the youth group serving Easter dinner to our Caritas guest in the evening.

I'm constantly amazed that though I have heard the Easter story year after year, something new always seems to grasp my attention.  In his message on Saturday night, Jay connected Easter to the Garden of Eden. 

Can you imagine how life must have been in the Garden of Eden.  Perfection!  And yet sin broke humanity's relationship with God, with creation and with each other.  When Adam & Eve were banned from the Garden, God told Adam that the ground would produce thorns.  And it was a crown of thorns that would be placed on the head of Jesus.  I had never thought of the fact the crown of thorns placed on His head was part of the punishment of original sin.


Hallelujah!  Easter = restoration.
He is risen indeed!


I must do all I can to nourish the restored relationship with God, with creation and with others.  


We are Easter people.  


We are a blessed family.  Thankful for Easter.


One of my favorite Bethia Easter tradition is the flowering cross.  Families bring flowers to decorate the cross on Easter morning.  


Our annual Easter photo in front of the cross.


And at this stage of my life holidays means a full driveway because everyone is home
even if only for a long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment