Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday


Ok this is a new picture taken last weekend when we were working in the yard.  The swing though has been around a while.

Long holiday weekends like the one coming up often results in projects that take the whole weekend from Friday night until the sun is setting on Monday.  On one such Memorial Day weekend of 1992 I think, we decided to purchase and assemble a swingset for Kathleen.  Well Jay did most of the assembly but I think Kathleen and I did help some.  She was very anxious for it to be completed.

When deciding which set to purchase I knew I would be spending a great deal of time out there with her so I wanted the one that had a Mommy swing too.  We lived on a busy street where I knew she wouldn't be outside alone.


  Here she is sitting on the Mommy swing and I'm sure she's eating her favorite snack - goldfish!


She loved swinging, sliding, see-sawing, having friends and neighbors joining in on the fun.  All the time I enjoyed my swing too!


We added the toddler swing to it for Daniel.  This toddler swing had been between 2 trees when Kathleen used it.  Prior to adding the baby swing in that spot there had been a chin-up bar there.



When we moved to Chesterfield we moved the swingset.  Here is Daniel and Charlsley on it and Matt is in the toddler swing.   


The only part of the swingset to survive the 2nd move was the Mommy swing!

My little boy.

Daddy & his little girl!

Mommy and 2 of her babies!

Two things I have realized preparing for this post.  
  1. Searching through old pictures I realize that my pictures are in complete disarray and I wonder if I will ever get them organized.
  2. I think my little scanner is on it's last leg.  Not very good scans.




No comments:

Post a Comment