Pages

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Guacamole!

Surprise, surprise! I ate guacamole today.   

Just the other day I posted on facebook that I had never eaten an avocado.  I'm really bad at trying new foods.  I suppose I've always been kinda a "picky eater".  One might say my taste buds never grew up!  Ok I'm not that bad.  

Today I was forced into going to Chipotle for lunch.  I mean I had taken my lunch to work but was forced to go.  I'm telling you - forced.  Ok maybe I jumped on board when someone suggested going to Chipotle.  This would be my opportunity to try guacamole.  I can't believe I was actually wanting to try it - that is so not me!  And it was good.  I think the chips made it actually.    

In my ever quest to find the diet that is going to work for me...  Boy that is worded poorly.

Actually I need to find the right combination of good foods, exercise and focus that I enjoy and will be committed to.  Let's be honest, this isn't easy.  And the more I read about processed foods the scarier it becomes to continue consuming things that aren't whole foods.

We have a new group at church doing The Daniel Plan.  It's a whole foods eating plan with 5 areas of concentration.  Faith, food, fitness, focus and friends.  So a new adventure begins.

I'm working on the next week's menu, so I can make my grocery list, shop for said items, and then prepare ahead of time as much as I can.  I'm adding an avocado to the grocery list.  The better prepared I am the more successful I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment