It really is an addiction. :(
I started the day with the full intention of this being the day that I seriously began the process of weaning myself off of diet coke. No really I was serious. Removing one per day and then another and then another until I was no longer "hooked" on the stuff. So the mid-afternoon soda was the one to go first or so I thought.
The more I read, the more I see, the more I hear about how bad aspartame is the more I want to drop this habit. Our video in The Daniel Plan program, which we've watched for 2 weeks now, makes it clear how bad this stuff is.
And then 3:30 pm came and this happened. A distraction, a moment to get away from my desk, being thirsty, or just plain addiction. Sad but true.
Oh I've talked about it more times than I can count.
On the way home, I was a bit disappointed in myself for caving in to the afternoon diet coke. Failure - that's what I thought.
And then I realized the day is not over yet. I can still eliminate a normal diet coke.
And then this happened. Yep, water with dinner. As we were getting dinner on the table Daniel asked me if I wanted him to get me a drink out of the garage refrigerator. Yes, get me a bottle of water.
And then time stood still.
What?
Water?
Yes a bottle of water. And so I replaced the dinner time diet coke with a bottle of water.
Maybe a diet coke-less dinner is a better accountablility choice than the mid-afternoon challenge.
We'll see how this goes. Can it be done slowly or is cold turkey better? I don't know.


You can do it!
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy but you can do it. I have cut way done and some days don't even partake at all. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy but you can do it. I have cut way done and some days don't even partake at all. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete