Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Decisions! Decisions!

On Wednesday I was able to attend the Franklin Graham Decision America Tour.  Franklin Graham was at the Virginia State Capitol.  Since I work a block away I was able to go over during my lunch hour.



Because I was on my lunch break I was only able to stay about 35 minutes.


We stood hand in hand, not as Republicans or Democrats, but as people of faith.


Our hope is in Jesus Christ!  Anything less than that will surely disappoint.


During this stressful election season, take the time to pray.  Seek God's guidance.  He'll never let you down.  My hope and faith is surely not in any politicians but in Christ alone.


Pray for our country as we prepare to elect a new President.  Pray for the many elections throughout our nation.  This is much more than just a Presidential election.  There are many people on the ballots from local to state to national representatives.  Do your research!


Your vote counts as much as mine or anyone else's.  




Looking to the left of the Capitol is the statue of George Washington.  

"President Washington. what would you think of the people we have become?  Do we represent the nation that you envisioned the young country to be when you first served as General and President.  Do we embody the same spirit upon which this nation was founded?  General, are you proud of us as your nation?"  I hope so.  


Even with all our flaws and challenges we are united as the people that are blessed to be a part of this imperfect but powerful union.  


I, first and most importantly, am a Christian!  I am also an American.  I choose to pray for this country, it's leaders, it's upcoming election.  I pray that the heart of whomever is elected will be pierced by the will of God.  May God keep them in his care and continue to work on their heart as the leader of "we the people".

As we stand hand in hand as people of faith let us first seek God's guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment