Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Meaningless!


Today's scripture is Ecclesiastes 1:12-18.  

I've had the journaling Bible for quite a while now but have never used it.  I looked and looked for it last night.  Jay finally asked me what I was looking for and I told him.  He said oh it's on the shelf on your bedside table.  Well I wish I had asked him first.

Solomon sounds hopeless.  He has so much wisdom and he has used it but it isn't bringing him joy.  Solomon has everything.  He's wealthy.  He's wise.  He's got everything a person could want or so it seems.  And yet he finds everything under the sun meaningless.  Is he searching for the meaning of life.  What are you seeking, Solomon?

I read these verses early this morning.  As I was driving to work I was thinking about this.  If everything under the sun is meaningless then what has meaning.  

What gives a life meaning - love, joy, peace, patience...  Sound familiar - the fruits of the Spirit.  They're not of this earth.  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. 

So I'm anxious to continue reading in this book.  I'm anxious to find out what Solomon has to teach me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment