You know the saying if life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Tonight I made lemonade. No there wasn't anything particularly "lemony" about today. It's just a visual reminder to turn the lemons into a refreshing glass of lemonade.
Have you ever wanted something so badly it hurt? But yet it is just beyond your grasp. You reach high on your very tippy toes and yet it's still just beyond your grasp. You get a step stool and know for sure you'll get it now but it's still just beyond your grasp. You get a ladder proclaiming victory that it will be yours now but no it's still just beyond your grasp. And then you fall to the ground brokenhearted knowing it's not yours because it will always be just beyond your grasp. It doesn't really matter exactly what "it" is but whatever it is, it is just beyond your grasp.
So how do you accept the fact that the "it" you had hoped for is not your it? It belongs to other people but it's not yours. You gotta make lemonade. Squeeze every bit of juice out of the lemons, sweeten it up with a bit of sugar and add water and ice to the mixture. Then sit back and enjoy!
So I guess a focus on my kitchen is a sort of making lemonade. Why? Well I suppose I have surrendered my kitchen to fast food, convenience foods, junk foods and quick fixins for too long. Surrendered it because I'm not superwoman. I can't do it all. But it's time to take back my kitchen.
Tonight I made homemade lemonade. When I was younger my mama made homemade lemonade usually for Sunday lunch. As I got older I made the lemonade.
Mama always told me to roll the lemons on the counter first. She said it made them easier to juice them. I don't know if it does or not because that's the way I've always done it. If Mama said do it that way, then I did.
My friend, Bonnie from church gave me this crystal glass several years ago. She knows water is not on my list of favorite drinks. So she thought perhaps a pretty glass would be encouraging. If you gotta drink water when you don't want to, it helps to have a nice glass. I suppose that is a sort of making lemonade.
No comments:
Post a Comment