Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Defining my ideal life

I am reading the book Hurry Less, Worry Less.  Actually we are reading it for the Thursday night Bible study class.  Anyway in the first chapter of the book we are asked to make a list of words that define the life we desire.  So after some brainstorming, jotting down, and then prioritizing I have narrowed the list down to 10 words.  I think we were supposed to use only 10 words.  Remember it's the life I desire.

Here's mine
  • Faithful
  • Joyful
  • Honorable wife
  • Stay-at-home-mom
  • Encourager
  • Healthy
  • Photographer
  • Balance
  • Memory-keeper
  • Organized
So that's my list.  Perhaps for the next several days I will blog about each of those and why they are the words that made the top ten.  I feel like David Letterman.  Tonight's top 10 list.  They're ideals to work toward not necessarily where I am today but where my heart desires that I be.  I think making the list is a good exercise because it puts things in perspective.  It's a starting point for working toward those goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment