Jesus was God's model of a human being. Ever honest in the midst of hypocrisy. Relentlessly kind in a world of cruelty. Heaven focused in spite of countless distractions. When it came to sin Jesus never did.
I paused because it's what I needed to hear. It's what I am challenged to live. Jesus is the perfect model of how to live when all else seems to be chaotic. Easy - no. Effortless - no. Challenging - yes. Produces joy - yes. Blessed - yes.
Oh that I could live a life where hypocrisy, though never appropriate, didn't frustrate me to the point that I crave that remote island in which to escape. Or when faced with my own hypocrisy that instead of being disappointed in myself, learn and vow to live an authentic life.
Given a choice would I rather be kind or cruel? Obviously kind.
And Heaven focused. To be Heaven focused in spite of distractions.
No comments:
Post a Comment