Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hidden Treasure

In our closet redo we have "unearthed" some things that have been tucked into the very back of the closet for years.  They are probably the same things that have been tucked in closets of the past too.

One of my problems with decluttering, cleaning out closets or drawers, organizing or whatever you want to call it, is I spend more time reminiscing about whatever it is that has been found than the clean out process.  Some things you wonder "why did I keep this" and others are simply treasures.

Yesterday, one of those things found in the recesses of the closet was an old Tupperware container.  The contents of the container have probably been in there 30+ years.  In it was some jewelry I had as a young girl.  Many of the necklaces were snarled together. 


But this one I found inside has the initials K.E.L., Kathleen Elizabeth Lloyd, my mother.  It's a very small locket.  The length at the longest point is probably the same as the diameter of a penny.  The photos inside are very, very small.  I took a picture of it so I could blow it up to figure out the picture on the left.  I knew what the one on the right was.


The picture on the right is Mama's high school graduation picture but the picture on the left I wasn't sure who it was.  I believe it is a picture of my mother when she was a young girl. 

I love that I found this the day before my birthday.  I wore the necklace to church this morning. Somehow it made me feel like she was a part of my birthday today. 

This find is a treasure for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how our mothers keep on giving? Happy Birthday to you, sweet Ann!

    ReplyDelete