Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st - Seeking Hope

Each year as we anticipate the coming of Christmas, I always plan to journal throughout the season.  Many years ago I joined Journal Your Christmas writing prompts at shimelle.com.  Some years I have been more successful at keeping up than others.

Why journal?  Writing things down seems to help me organize my thoughts and try to make some sense of them.  This year as I journal during these 25 days awaiting Christmas I wish for my focus to be on preparing my heart for the celebration of the birth of Jesus.


Earlier today I read the verse below.

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
 I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
Micah 7:7

The holidays are filled with lots of things - Christmas trees, parties, shopping, gifts, family, food, carols, plays, decorations, and all sorts of things but most of all it is filled with hope.  As I watch and wait for the coming of Christmas I pray I am filled with hope.


Today certainly had its share of hard stuff.  It's the first of the month which is always a crazy day at work.  There are reports to do and properties to advance and such.  Not exactly Christmasy!  

And then news I didn't want to hear from a friend.  Christmasy - I think not!  

But no matter what we do, or even what we don't do, the promise of the coming of the Savior some 2000+ years ago gives me hope.  I know he hears my pleas.  I know his answer comes at the perfect time.  

RACK - Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.  Sunday at church we were challenged to commit to random acts of Christmas kindness during the Advent season.  I hope to be successful at this.  We received a list of potential actions but any act of kindness is good!  

Suggestions for RACK actions are welcome!

So these are a few of my goals for the holidays:
  • Preparing my heart for the celebration of the birth of Jesus
  • Be always looking for the hope.
  • Random Acts of Christmas Kindness
  • Journal

One of the suggestions in the journal prompt today was a "selfie".  I don't like taking my own picture but below it is.  And that is all I'm going to say about that.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your loaded Christmas tree and your selfie. Your list is a good one for this season, lots of room for contemplation. Thanks, Ann, for sharing with us. I love you!

    ReplyDelete