Yes this machine is a bit intimidating. And it is a basic machine. But I am determined to master it. I started beginner sewing classes last Tuesday at Hobby Lobby. I'm not quite sewing wedding dress yet. More like practicing sewing straight lines.
That was our homework - to purchase this striped fabric and practice sewing straight lines.
I figure since tomorrow night is the second class I better do a little straight line stitching.
The plan for the evening didn't include a 2 hour commute home from the office. How very frustrating. When I finally got home I just wanted to sulk over spending 2 hours in the car in what is normally about a 35 minute commute. But what good would that do me anyway.
So I got to work at sewing in a straight line. And you know the more I did the more it lifted my spirits
I think I'm going to like this. And perhaps I'll be sewing those wedding dresses by next week. OK maybe not.
Afterall I'm still working on my straight lines.
Another part of our homework was to wash the fabric we purchased last week for our project. So finished that up tonight and ironed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment