Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Loosening the tether...

Sometimes I feel like I am tethered to a computer or laptop or smartphone.  I work on a computer all day long and then being connected to social media, it seems I am constantly in front of a screen.  I'll google about anything to find the answer I'm looking for.  While I have no problem with social media, for right now I think I need to loosen the tether a bit. 

I certainly spend a great deal of time on Facebook and I think it's a great avenue to keep up with people that you don't see on a regular basis.  I have quite a few games, many actually, of Words With Friends going on.  I play Draw Something which always gives me a chuckle looking at my own attempts at illustrating a specific word.  Art never has been one of my strong gifts though I wish it was.  I love to browse through pinterest.  I don't do twitter. I just never have. And then just this week I heard of SnapChat which I had never heard of before and that is the extent of my knowledge of SnapChat. I have an Instagram but have hardly used it.  I have a 365 photo album online.  Someone asked me if I Skyped with Jay while he was in Israel - um no I never thought of that, I've never Skyped.  Maybe I'm not as technologically savvy as I thought I was.

But with that being said I need more time away from the computer. Funny thing to say on a blog I suppose.  Nothing like writing on a computer that I need to be on the computer less.  I just need to spend less time on social media.  Even funnier I'll probably link this blogpost to Facebook aka social media. 

I have things that need tending to.  You know things like washing windows.  These are the bathroom windows.


It sure is nice to have windows that pop out to wash them particularly when they are upstairs windows.  I wonder what my Grandma would say about windows that fold down so you can wash them and then pop back into place. 

Hmmm I may have to rethink this.  Which would you prefer to do - browse Pinterest or wash windows? 


They cleaned up pretty good. 

What's really important anyway?  My people mean the world to me.  That includes family and friends.  Those relationships need tending to also.  Where I excelled at tending to those relationships I am forever grateful.  But where I have failed at tending to those relationships makes me sad. 


Jay brought me some lotion from Israel.  This foot nourishing cream is from Dead Sea Cosmetics.   I was thinking what if I really like it and then what do I do when it runs out.  I guess I'll have to make a trip to Israel myself.  Actually I already looked on Amazon and they carry it.

1 comment: