Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

One Day

One Day I hope to have time to do some of the things I have been putting off until the proverbial one day.  I often think to myself I'll get to that one day. Yet that one day never seems to get here.  I have a mental list of things that I hope to have time to do. 
 
You would think that I'm expecting a day in the future to have more than 24 hours in it. 
 
 
One day I'll get up early for devotional time.
One day I'll learn to sew
One day I'll declutter and everything will have it's place.
One day I'll get back to my ideal weight.
One day I'll get all my pictures organized.
One day I'll get all those organized pictures either scrapbooked or at least in albums.
One day I'll read all the books in my to be read pile.
One day I'll make a quilt from the children's clothes I've saved.
One day I'll learn to quilt.
 

You get the idea that there are lots of things that I wish I had time to do.  If that one day ever gets here I'll need a bunch of one days in a row.  But for today I'll keep on trying to do all the things that I can. 

But the next time I'm tempted to think one day... Perhaps it would be better to say to myself.
 
"Myself," I say, "why not today?"

2 comments:

  1. Ann, when we chatted at church this morning, I hadn't read this posting. Hope that one day soon, you'll have time for all of these activities and more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I need to prioritize better!

      Delete