I'm tired tonight and this post probably won't be a long one. Tonight was the annual gift exchange party at church.
It starts with a pot luck dinner. The food was delicious. Then after dinner we have the gift exchange. Everyone was asked this year to "shop" in their own attic and bring something that you have been meaning to get rid of. Then donate the money you would have spent to a fund that helps those in need.
The exchange starts with drawing numbers for the order of selecting gifts. Once you open your gift you can swap with someone that has already opened a gift. Since #1 doesn't have anyone to "steal" from they get the final pick once everyone has opened. The best number to draw in #1 and the worst is #2. I drew #3 which isn't much better than #2.
Stuffed animal that move and make music are very popular such as this snowman.
The package I opened was a rice cooker. I swapped with #2 which was a bird house made from a gourd.
I thought it was quite interesting. It's hand painted. Not sure what I am going to do with it.
Today is a day to remember the events of Pearl Harbor. And to be thankful for the fact that we were able to visit Pearl Harbor this year.
This is a picture of the flag that was flying at Pearl Harbor.
No comments:
Post a Comment