Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

JYC December 1, 2012

A Pledge to Journal

I pledge to journal during this Christmas season!

It's a commitment I am making to journal each day during the Christmas season.  For several years I have received the Journal Your Christmas prompts from shimelle.com.  I have wanted and planned to create a scrapbook entry each day but it just hasn't happened.  I'm not sure why but life gets busy and then all of a sudden I'm not creating an entry.  So this year I have decided to blog my journal entries.  Hopefully after Christmas I can create a scrapbook from the blog entries.

I love photography and hope to capture the season in pictures. 


The written word is so important.  Or more importantly just getting your thoughts in writing to reflect back on.  I love reading something from previous letters or journals or notes from years past.  And if I don't write it down I am likely to forget.  Just this week I received a package from my cousin with pictures of my dad and a letter he had written to her in 1944 while he was in Europe serving in WWII.  I appreciate her willingness to share that with me.  It gave me a peek into his life when he was just 21 years old and a very long way from home. 


This picture was taken today when we were taking the photo for our annual Christmas card.  That is always a fiasco trying to get a good picture of the 5 of us in the same picture.  But I think it is done.  Now just to order them and get them either in the mail or in mail slots at church.

Anticipating Christmas 2012 means:
*
Noel
Cantata
Handbells
Ornaments
Baking cookies
Advent candles
Sunday desserts
Living Nativity
Christmas dinner
Lindsay turns 50!
Trimming the tree
Christmas movies
Children's program
Go see Lincoln movie
Christmas mother gifts
Christmas Eve cooking
Christmas Eve services
Gift exchange at church
Snaonetla on the mantle
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Jay's homemade scrabble
Wrap-a-thon at Jay's office
Christmas morning service
"Pig Out Day" at the office
Christmas with my brothers
Christmas dinner at Bonnie's
New pajamas on Christmas Eve
Going to the play with the Ryan's
Taking of the Christmas card photo
Watching the pope on Christmas Eve
Kathleen's 23rd birthday on 12/12/12
Christmas with Sam, Patti & Mitchell
Grandma and Grandpa come for Christmas
Family
Peace
Love
 
Christmas ornaments:
 
The time has come to write down the story behind some of our Christmas ornaments.  While it has always been a goal to do that today it is going to become reality. 
 
 
I cross stitched this ornament in 1985 the first year we were married.  It always goes front and center of the family room tree.  It's a favorite ornament for what it stands for. 
 


3 comments:

  1. Good Luck on your journey. I looking forward to hearing other stories of your Christmas Ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great journalling and I love the photos you have shared, I look forward to seeing how you progress as the month progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is AMAZING!!! Also love your cross-stitched ornament. I have a snow globe from the year we bought our house and got engaged (2008) which I love because of the meaning. Dollydaydream84 from JYC class :)

    ReplyDelete