Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reflections

Christmas is a time of reflection.
 
I was sitting in the family room and noticed the reflection of the tree in the french dooe

Christmas is a time to consider the image we are reflecting to those we love.  If I look at my reflection, what do I see?  Do I see a person that is more interested in persuing my own wants and wishes or someone willing to give of themselves for others. 

There's my reflection, can you see me?
There's lots of the talk on the tv these days about gun control and what could prevent more school shootings like what happened in Connecticut.  I don't think gun control is the answer.  I wish it was that easy.  If the perpatrator is truly interested in carrying out his revenge the gun is just a means to do it.  Without the person pulling the trigger the gun has zero power.  If not for the gun then they'll make a bomb from fertilizer or whatever.  We need to be focused on the heart issue.  We need to teach our children right from wrong. 


The best way to teach a child is by example.  I hope I have reflected to my children that a person is responsible for their actions.  What makes a person want to make the right choices?


Do my actions despite whatever the circumstance reflect the joy?  Joy comes not from our circumtances but comes from knowing that there is a God that is so totally committed to us and wants so much for us.  There are days that I get so frustrated with circumstances that I can't control and yet joy can surpass the junk.


Christmas and Easter are a package deal.  One without the other can't work. 
Christmas = birth of the Savior
Easter = sacrifice by the Savior
 

No comments:

Post a Comment